We love ourselves a little green and gold combination, especially when it's our favorite matcha. Turmeric and matcha are not only a great flavor combination, but a 1-2 health punch that can be used in such versatile ways.
We teamed up with our absolute favorite matcha brand, Matchaeologist, to bring you a healthier tea + cookies combination for a mid-week tea time! We used Matchaeologist's delicious ceremonial-grade Matsu flavor in their brewing kit to brew a traditional matcha to go with our recipe for Golden Sunflower Butter Tea Cookies using our Golden Fuel.
Not only are we sharing our recipe here, but our founder, Minna, is doing a fun giveaway over on her Instagram to give away a Matchaeologist brewing kit AND a tin of Golden Fuel, so head on over to enter and check out our recipe (inspired by our friend Remy @veggiekins 's tahini cookies) below:
Golden Sunflower Butter Tea Cookies
Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, Nut-free
Makes 1 dozen
1 1/3 cup Oat Flour
1/2 cup Sunflower Butter
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1.5 tbsp Live 24k Golden Fuel
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all wet ingredients (sunflower butter, maple, vanilla extract) in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oat flour, Golden Fuel, baking powder, pink salt) until incorporated.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls with your hands and gently press to flatten slightly on baking sheet.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.